You may be entitled to a tax credit of up to $500*** if you installed energy-efficient windows, skylights, doors or other qualifying items in 2015 and 2016**.
Federal tax credits for certain energy-efficient improvements to existing homes have been extended through December 31, 2016. If you purchase and install a qualifying product in 2015 or 2016, then you may qualify for this tax credit.
How to Qualify for the Tax Credit:**
- Purchase and install qualifying Renewal by Andersen® windows or Andersen® patio doors that meet ENERGY STAR® Windows Program version 5.0 or 6.0 performance requirements beginning January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015 or ENERGY STAR Windows Program version 6.0 performance requirements beginning January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016**
- Save your sales receipt, a copy of the Renewal by Andersen Manufacturer's Certification Statement and product performance (NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR Qualification) sheet with your tax documents.
- Download your Renewal by Andersen Manufacturer's Certification Statement
- Download your Product Performance NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR Qualifications Sheet. This document shows you which products meet ENERGY STAR qualifications for your area. (For patio doors visit HERE)
- Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase and installation on your Federal filing for the 2015 or 2016 tax year, as applicable
- Tax credit is for the cost of the product only. The credit does not include installation costs
- Tax credit is 10% of the amount paid up to the maximums listed below***
- $500 total maximum tax credit for any and all improvements, including other eligible items as listed in the IRS Notice (Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code)
- $200 total maximum tax credit for qualifying windows and skylights
- $500 total maximum tax credit for all qualifying improvements, including windows or skylights
- If a combination of windows, skylights and doors are purchased, then the total maximum credit is $500, of which $200 is the maximum allowable for windows and skylights
- The tax credit is an extension of the 26 U.S.C. 25C tax credit, which means all previous federal tax credits are a lifetime maximum credit. A homeowner who has already claimed the maximum applicable tax credits permitted under 26 U.S.C. 25C in previous tax years is no longer eligible for this tax credit
Learn More about ENERGY STAR
• Find more information at www.energystar.gov or call (888) STAR-YES/ (888-782-7937)
• Visit ENERGY STAR to determine your ENERGY STAR Climate Zone
* This is a summary of the tax credit elements related to windows and doors as set forth in the American Taxpayers Relief Act of 2012 as extended by the Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014, and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016, which was signed by the President on December, 18, 2015, which among other things, extends, with modifications, the tax credits in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code on eligible property purchased and installed through December 31, 2016. Renewal by Andersen verifies only that its products with an ENERGY STAR label manufactured in 2015 will meet the ENERGY STAR version 5.0 or 6.0 performance criteria and products and products with an ENERGY STAR label manufactured in 2016 meet the ENERGY STAR version 6.0 performance criteria for the particular climate zones indicated on the label. Renewal by Andersen bears no responsibility for determining whether a particular purchase or application qualifies for the tax credit. Further, Renewal by Andersen does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommendations that purchasers consult their own tax advisor or the IRS to determine whether the products they purchase for a particular application qualify for the tax credit.
** Renewal by Andersen windows with High-Performance Low-E4, High-Performance Low-E4 Sun or High-Performance Low-E4 SmartSun™ glass qualify in many U.S. ENERGY STAR climate zones when used for remodeling, replacement or home improvement. As the ENERGY STAR criteria differs by climate zone, please review the ENERGY STAR requirements in the climate zone where the product will be installed and refer to the Renewal by Andersen NFRC Ratings/ ENERGY STAR Qualifications sheet to select the product. Please consult your tax planner and review all IRS guidelines. Renewal by Andersen LLC is not a tax advisor.
*** These credits, which include the aggregate of all current and prior taxable years, cannot exceed the maximums listed for any taxpayer.