A Few of Our Favorite ThingsTasty tidbits for your winter gatherings
Cookie exchanges, holiday parties, family celebrations, potluck dinners, that Big Football Game...there's no shortage of gatherings centered around food this time of the year!
This month, we’re inviting you into our homes with a selection of easy-to-make and equally delicious recipes submitted by Renewal employees! Enjoy!
Sweet and Savory Brie
Submitted by Al B., shift supervisor
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
- About 1/3 cup pepper jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Lay the puff pastry onto the prepared baking sheet. Place Brie wheel on center of the pastry.
- Spread pepper jelly evenly over the top of the Brie.
- Fold the puff pastry over the top of the Brie, sealing all openings.
- Bake in preheated oven until the pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Baked Almond Cheese Spread
Submitted by Katie Z., social media specialist
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onions, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in the Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to small ovenproof glass bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the almonds on top.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Stir, and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top, and serve with crackers (suggested: woven wheat or thin wheat crackers).
Tip: This can also be prepared in a small crockpot to keep warm on the serving table.
Homemade Irish Crème Liquor
Submitted by Zach R., customer service representative
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 3 PASTEURIZED eggs
- 1 cup liquid coffee creamer (half-and-half)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Add all items to blender or food processor; blend well.
- Store in closed container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Tip: Also makes a great gift—make a batch to drink and a batch to share!
Submitted by Lisa T., communications manager
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.
- Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Submitted by Dave W., installation specialist
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. package cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 ½ cup flour
- Beat cream cheese, butter, egg, sugar, almond extract, baking powder, and vanilla together in large bowl; mix well. Gradually add flour, beating well after each addition. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough in thirds to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface (refrigerate unused dough for later use).
- Cut into desired shapes cookie cutters
- Leave plain for frosting or top with sprinkles or colored sugar
- Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 min. or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely before frosting.
What others have viewed...
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants listen to your needs and create a plan to improve energy efficiency and enhance your home's beauty.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.