So what is a French door?
According to the American Heritage Dictionary, by definition:
French door (n.): A door, usually one pair, of light construction with glass panes extending for most of its length. They also can be referred to as French windows.
Here are 4 things you probably didn’t know about French doors:
1.) Easy access to your patio or exterior:
- French doors are perfect for warm summer days. You can easily bring the outdoors inside with such a door.
2.) Energy efficient:
- Since French doors are primarily all glass, these types of doors can bring in an incredible amount of natural light.
- Renewal by Andersen’s 5-point locking system on its Frenchwood ® patio doors not only offers an increase level of security but also improves energy efficiency.
3.) Gives a plain room an extra look:
- Of course French doors are extremely functional, but the primary function of a French door is its aesthetic features.
- French doors can create a dramatic impact on your home. See the picture below on how this style of door can make your indoor and outdoor living spaces interconnected.
4.) A valuable investment:
- Because of its aesthetics, Frenchwood ® doors prove to be a smart investment. With the addition of this type of door, you can increase the potential sale value of your home.
- Consult your local real estate agent to see if French doors are a wise addition for you home.