What is a French Door? 4 Things You probably Didn't Know!
So what is a French door?
According to the American Heritage Dictionary, by definition:
French door (n.): A door, usually one pair, of light construction with glass panes extending for most of its length. They also can be referred to as French windows.
Here are 4 things you probably didn’t know about French doors:
1.) Easy access to your patio or exterior:
- French doors are perfect for warm summer days. You can easily bring the outdoors inside with such a door.
2.) Energy efficient:
- Since French doors are primarily all glass, these types of doors can bring in an incredible amount of natural light.
- Renewal by Andersen’s 5-point locking system on its Frenchwood ® patio doors not only offers an increase level of security but also improves energy efficiency.
3.) Gives a plain room an extra look:
- Of course French doors are extremely functional, but the primary function of a French door is its aesthetic features.
- French doors can create a dramatic impact on your home. See the picture below on how this style of door can make your indoor and outdoor living spaces interconnected.
4.) A valuable investment:
- Because of its aesthetics, Frenchwood ® doors prove to be a smart investment. With the addition of this type of door, you can increase the potential sale value of your home.
- Consult your local real estate agent to see if French doors are a wise addition for you home.
What others have viewed...
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants listen to your needs and create a plan to improve energy efficiency and enhance your home's beauty.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.