The Weather is Nice and the Windows are Open
During this time of year when windows are more likely opened to let in fresh air, Andersen Corporation is encouraging homeowners to familiarize themselves with ways to help prevent window-related accidents.
“Windows and doors do more than provide views, sunlight and breezes, they can provide an important path to escaping a fire or emergency, yet left open, they can be a potential fall hazard,” said Andersen Corporation Manager Shawn Aherns. “We believe that companies making products for the home should help increase safety awareness in the home.”
Andersen offers the following dos and don’ts:
- Close and lock windows and doors
- Position beds and other furniture away from windows
- Consider installing window opening control devices or window guards*
- Make an emergency escape plan, and include a window as one of the escape routes
- Leave young children unsupervised
- Depend on insect screens to keep children from falling out of windows
- Paint, nail or seal windows shut
- Forget about window and door safety when making repairs to your home
What others have viewed...
OUR HASSLE-FREE PROCESS IN 4 EASY STEPS!
Our design consultants listen to your needs and create a plan to improve energy efficiency and enhance your home's beauty.
Measure & Manufacture
Project Technicians ensure accuracy and answer any last minute questions before sending in the order for your fully customized windows.
Our Installers treat your home as if it were their own and clean up afterwards.
A robust limited warranty is backed by a commitment to making sure your windows function as expected.