Full Frame Window Installation Method
Removing the entire existing window and installing new.
A full frame window installation makes sense when:
- The old window frame is deteriorated beyond repair.
- A larger opening is required by fire egress codes.
- You want to improve your home's energy efficiency, because the old window frame has air leakage.
- Existing window frame doesn't lend itself to insert window replacement.
Insert Window Installation Method
Setting a new window into an existing frame opening.
Insert window installation makes sense when:
- The old window sill and frame are square, solid and in good condition.
- The existing construction will allow use of the insert in a way that is structurally sound.
- Casing and trim need to remain in place throughout installation.
Learn more about full frame and insert window installation methods by downloading our window installation brochure.
When you're ready to replace your windows and doors; here’s some information from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Because you’ve chosen Renewal by Andersen® your window replacement solution, you don’t need to worry about the rest of the items on this page, but all ENERGY STAR®- labeled window and door replacement companies are required by the EPA to post this information.
1. We have removal instructions available to give you an idea of the process our installers may use to remove your existing windows and patio doors. Our installers are fully trained on removal procedures.
2. Renewal by Andersen installers will properly dispose of your old windows and patio doors. Contact local authorities or waste management companies if you have questions about proper recycling and/or disposal of removed windows or patio doors. Again – no need for you to worry about any of this. We will properly remove and dispose of all of our old windows.
3. NOTICE: Buildings constructed prior to 1978 may contain lead paint which could be disturbed during window replacement. For more information on proper management of lead paint, visit www.epa.gov/lead. If your dwelling is older than 1978, this was addressed in your initial sales call.
4. Every installation is different depending on your home construction, the condition of the opening, the type of products you choose and the materials used. Our installation experts take care of the installation for you. Click for instructions on how Renewal by Andersen windows may be installed. For instructions on how Andersen® patio doors may be installed, click here.