Select the day and time you'd prefer:
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
Select the day and time you'd prefer:
Tax Credits for Qualified Energy Efficient Improvements*
Federal tax credits for certain energy-efficient improvements to existing homes have been extended through December 31, 2013. If you purchased and installed a qualifying product in 2012 or plan to in 2013, you may qualify for this tax credit.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR THE TAX CREDIT:**
1. Purchase and install qualifying Renewal by Andersen® windows or doors that meet ENERGY STAR® Windows Program Version 5.0 performance requirements beginning January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2013.**
2. Save your sales receipt, a copy of the Renewal by Andersen Manufacturer’s Certification Statement, and product performance (NFRC Ratings/ENERGY STAR Qualification) sheet with your tax documents.
3. Claim the tax credit associated with your qualifying purchase and installation on your Federal filing for the 2012 or 2013 tax year as applicable.
1. Tax credit is for the cost of the product only. The credit does not include installation costs.
2. Tax credit is 10% of the amount paid up to the maximums listed below.***
3. $500 total maximum tax credit for any and all improvements, including other eligible items as listed in the IRS Notice (Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code).
4. If a combination of windows, skylights and doors are purchased, the total maximum credit is $500, of which $200 is the maximum allowable for windows and skylights.
5. The tax credit is an extension of the 2011 tax credit, which means all previous federal tax credits are a lifetime maximum credit. A homeowner who has already used up the $200 or $500 credit from the 2006/2007 and 2011 tax credit or the $1,500 tax credit from 2009/2010 is no longer eligible for this tax credit extension.
For more information about ENERGY STAR, visit www.energystar.gov or call (888) STAR-YES / (888-782-7937) or 703-412-3086.
To determine your ENERGY STAR Climate Zone, visit http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=find_a_product.showProductGroup&pgw_code=WI
*This is a summary of the tax credit elements related to windows and doors as set forth in the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, which among other things, extends, with modifications, the tax credits in Section 25C of the Internal Revenue Code. Renewal by Andersen verifies only that its products with an ENERGY STAR label will meet the ENERGY STAR performance criteria for the particular climate zones indicated on the label. Renewal by Andersen bears no responsibility for validating or obtaining the tax credit and expressly disclaims any responsibility for determining whether a particular purchase or application qualifies for the tax credit. Further, Andersen does not intend to and is not providing legal or tax advice and recommends that purchasers consult their own tax advisor or the IRS to determine whether the products they purchase for a particular application qualify for the tax credit.
**Most Renewal by Andersen windows and doors with High-Performance Low-E4, High-Performance Low-E4 Sun, High-Performance Low-E4 SmartSun™, glass qualify in many U.S. ENERGY STAR climate zones when used for remodeling, replacement or home improvement. As the ENERGY STAR criteria differs by climate zone, please review the ENERGY STAR requirements in the climate zone where the product will be installed and refer to the Andersen NFRC Ratings/ENERGY STAR Qualification sheet to select the product. Please consult your tax planner and review all IRS guidelines. Renewal by Andersen is not a tax advisor.
***These credits, which include the aggregate of all current and prior taxable years, cannot exceed the maximums listed for any taxpayer.
“ENERGY STAR” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. “Andersen” and all other marks where denoted are trademarks of Andersen Corporation. © 2013 Andersen Corporation. All rights reserved.